[Lustre-discuss] SCSI driver problem on 2.6.22.19 + lustre 1.8.1?

Mon Aug 31 16:17:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 15:57 -0500, Nirmal Seenu wrote:
> All these call traces are generated when the machine boots up and tries
> to load the kernel and before the lustre modules are loaded

Ahhh.  So the only possible culprit WRT Lustre is possibly a kernel
patch problem, do you agree?  IOW, this cannot be in a Lustre module
itself.

> I could quickly try reverting one of the servers back to 1.8.0.1 to be
> absolutely sure.

Why not.

> I had these same servers in production use on 1.8.0.1
> for a number of weeks before I upgraded it 1.8.1.

Given you are using a 2.6.22-something-or-other kernel, you must have
built your own kernel, yes?  Which patch series and kernel_configs file
did you use?  Did you alter anything from it's default in the Lustre
tree?

b.