[Lustre-discuss] Configuring lustre_config's .csv file for failover

Larvoire, Jean-Francois jean-francois.larvoire at hp.com
Fri Feb 13 03:32:01 PST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to configure a system with failover for all Lustre devices (MGS, MDTs, OSTs), using lustre_config.

Example 3 in lustre_config help is the only information describing how to configure the .csv file for failover support.

But it's unclear from this example what the rules for declaring failover instances of lustre devices are.

Here's my understanding...
Can anybody tell me if this is true, or correct me if not?

It seems that you have to declare all failover instances of each device, but for all but the first one, you must add the --noformat option in the "format options" field.

Yet I experimented with and without declaring these failover instances with the --noformat option, and did not see any difference.
So why put them in?

Jean-François

= Jean-François Larvoire                 =========   _/      ===========
= Hewlett-Packard                        =======    _/           =======