[Lustre-discuss] mounting the lustre file system on the MGS MTD nodes.

Eric Adint ehadint at nps.edu
Thu Feb 19 16:09:20 PST 2009

Here is my configureation
  FC based sun blade using a 6141 storagetek
3 Lustre file servers
nas-0-0, -0-2
this morning on restart i could not load the lustre files system on
the mgs server ie nas-0-0 at tcp0:/home /mnt/home
the mgs and osts werer mounted properly and i couldnt find any problems.
after a long time i tried
modprobe lustre (out of desperation)
and this worked, what scares me was that the was on the MGS/MDT server
and i had the mgs and osts mounted, i could even mount the file system
on the head node.
i have
options lnet=tcp in my modprobe config files so im not sure why i had
to manually load the luster modules.
any help would be greatly appreciated.