[Lustre-discuss] Lustre for web application

Arden Wiebe albert682 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 16:43:14 PST 2009

Well not typically suited for small files related to serving web pages Lustre works for my purposes.  I have not mounted the document root to the Lustre mount points but eventually I may pursue this.  I may also symlink user directories directly to the mount points.  For sure I use the mount points to back up database files and store images.

The two OSS nodes I have are now routers each with their own static IP address.  They do network address translation and port forward 80 internally to the webservers that live on the MGS and MDT nodes.  You can see the webservers at http://www.linuxguru.ca/phpsysinfo or http://www.oil-gas.ca/phpsysinfo

All in all it was well worth the effort as the internal network is 400% faster due to the Network Interface Bonding.  I can actually load a 30000 table mysql database in phpmyadmin now with no problems from either of the apache/mysql servers to a local machine on the network.