[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Install

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:46:12 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Silvio Amancio <sma0479 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I do a ./configure for installing Lustre, I get

> checking for /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-7/include/linux/namei.h... yes
> checking if you are using Linux 2.6... yes
> checking for external module build support... yes
> checking that modules can be built at all... no
> configure: WARNING: Consult config.log for details.
> configure: WARNING: If you are trying to build with a kernel-source rpm,
> consult build/README.kernel-source

Copy running kernel config to <kernel src>/.config
e.g. cp /boot/config-`uname -r`  <kernel src>/.config
then do make menuconfig or make config

> configure: error: Kernel modules cannot be built.
>
> Do somebody know whats wrong?
>
> Regards

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune University Campus,Ganesh Khind Road
Pune-Maharastra