[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.5.1 <-> 1.6.6

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Jan 8 07:17:58 PST 2009

Hi Wojciech,
thanks for your explanation of writeconf.
Of course, the man pages as well as the Lustre manual state that
writeconf is a potentially dangerous operation.
I'm always afraid to manipulate  the MDT: might go wrong and I end up
with 100's of TB of junk (as a restore of backups never works once you
need it).
But if it's harmless to run writeconf as you said, I will try...

Regards,
Thomas