[Lustre-discuss] Lustre integration with SAM-FS

Michael Ruepp michael at schwarzfilm.ch
Wed Jan 28 05:21:12 PST 2009

Hi there,

at this point we are using Quantum Storenext as our production
filesystem because of its multiplatform capabilities (Windows/Mac).
We already own SAM-FS/QFS but I consider implementing Lustre as second
tier to swap temporarily production data from our fast/small CVFS to
big and cheap Lustre (as well as bringing in raw media data for
preselection and to keep it there for security purpose during
postproduction phase).
After that we want to tape it to our Storagetek Tape Library with SAM-
FS/QFS
But I want to keep things simple and thus my question:
Is it possible to use Lustre as substitution for QFS, so could I stay
with 3 tiers or do I have to implement QFS as third, Tape Library as
fourth?

Thanks,

Mike

___________________________
Michael Ruepp
IT/Digital Intermediate

SCHWARZFILM AG
(Part of the Arri Group)
Kreuzstrasse 2
CH-8034 Zürich

michael at schwarzfilm.ch
www.schwarzfilm.ch
Fon +41 44 254 20 02
Fax +41 31 938 11 10

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message (including any attachments transmitted with it) contains
confidential information and is intended only for the individual named
herein. If you are not the herein named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or otherwise make use of this message.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this message by mistake, and delete it from your systems.