[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-1.9.210: mkfs.ldiskfs?

Robert Read rread at sun.com
Wed Jul 1 16:50:41 PDT 2009

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:03 , Josephine Palencia wrote:

> OS:     Centos 5.3, x86_64
> Kernel: 2.6.18-128.1.6
>
> [root at attractor ~]# cat /proc/fs/lustre/version
> lustre: 1.9.210
> ..
>
> Looking for mkfs.ldiskfs during mkfs.lustre?
> Did a find on previous working lustre-1.9 working and didn't find one.
> Ps advice.

What configure options did you use when you built lustre?  I think "--
with-ldiskfsprogs" will configure lustre to use these names, however
the standard version the e2fs utils doesn't use this naming scheme.
This would be used, for instance, if you needed to have both the
original and ldiskfs version of e2fsutils installed at the same time.

robert