[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-1.9.210: mkfs.ldiskfs?

Thu Jul 2 07:44:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 16:50 -0700, Robert Read wrote:

> What configure options did you use when you built lustre?  I think "--
> with-ldiskfsprogs" will configure lustre to use these names, however
> the standard version the e2fs utils doesn't use this naming scheme.

If the --with-ldiskfsprogs was indeed used, perhaps/probably, configure
should check that ldiskfsprogs was installed on the build system.
Additionally, the Requires: tags in the resulting RPM should probably be
changed to ldiskfsprogs from e2fsprogs, if that is not already being
done.

Perhaps Josephine could file a bug to those effects.

Given that having the ldiskfsprogs flavour of the utilities installed is
strictly a run-time requirement, perhaps the above configure enhancement
not be so strict, but certainly the latter, the RPM requirement, should
be.  If Josephine had installed resulting RPMs, that would have been her
signal that things were not quite aligning.  If configure is not so
strict, it could at least warn about the missing utilities.

b.