[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-1.9.210: mkfs.ldiskfs?

Jim Garlick garlick at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 2 09:51:27 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:34:07PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 09:29 -0700, Jim Garlick wrote:
> >
> > Adding a build-time requirement (and presumably BuildRequires:)
>
> No, not at all a BuildRequires: as it's not really needed for building.
>
> The only reason I'd propose a configure check is to prevent the "tar
> xzvf lustre-...tar.gz; configure; make; make install; mkfs ..." scenario
> from tripping over the same problem.

We've been using our own spec file with Lustre for some time so maybe
I am not aware of how it is currently done, but normally a spec file
would do a configure; make in its %build section.

If that is the case and configure --with-ldiskfsprogs fails without
ldiskfsprogs installed, then you would need a BuildRequires: ldiskfsprogs
because people building in a mock chroot will only have the OS base packages
plus the package's BuildRequires: packages installed in the chroot.

Jim