[Lustre-discuss] How to remove ghost files when running on an LVM snapshot of the MDT?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Jul 9 15:41:53 PDT 2009

On Jul 09, 2009  15:44 +0200, Arne Wiebalck wrote:
> my MDS is running on an LVM snapshot of the MDT. Some files
> have been deleted after the snapshot was taken, so these
> appear as 'ghost' files now on the clients and I'm trying
> to get rid of them.

Can you please explain more about what you are doing?  Is the
MDS itself running on an old snapshot?

> From what I understood, this requires e2fsck and lfsck. So

Well, you can just delete those files.  lfsck isn't strictly
necessary.

> I ran e2fsck on the MDT and all the OSTs in order to get the
> db files for lfsck, however:
>
> -->
> [root at mds tmp]# lfsck -v --mdsdb mdt --ostdb ost.sdb ost.sdc ost.sdd
> ost.sde /lustre/backup-MDT/dev/mdtgroup/MDT

Is this actually where your Lustre filesystem is mounted on the client?

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.