[Lustre-discuss] How to remove ghost files when running on an LVM snapshot of the MDT?

Arne Wiebalck arne.wiebalck at cern.ch
Fri Jul 10 03:26:50 PDT 2009

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Jul 09, 2009  15:44 +0200, Arne Wiebalck wrote:
>> my MDS is running on an LVM snapshot of the MDT. Some files
>> have been deleted after the snapshot was taken, so these
>> appear as 'ghost' files now on the clients and I'm trying
>> to get rid of them.
>
> Can you please explain more about what you are doing?  Is the
> MDS itself running on an old snapshot?

Yes. And as you raise it: how do I get back from using a snapshot
for the MDT (to which I switched in case I had a problem with the
original logical volume) to a snapshot'able MDT device?

Cheers,
  Arne

Dr. Arne Wiebalck                   Office 31-1-011
IT Department                       T +41 (0)22 767 8614
FIO-LA/TSI                          F +41 (0)22 766 8829
CERN, Geneva                        M arne.wiebalck at cern.ch