[Lustre-discuss] Selection of kernel options for the distributed Lustre kernels

Mon Jul 20 08:28:42 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 11:53 +0200, Arne Wiebalck wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi,

> what determines the options selected for the distributed Lustre
> kernels?

We try to stick as closely as we can to the vendor's selected options.

> I'm asking as (if I am not mistaken and amongst other things)
> iSCSI for instance is enabled for a standard RHEL5 kernel, while
> it is disabled for the RHEL5 Lustre kernel.

So I can follow up on this, can I ask how you are determining this?

Which Lustre release and kernel are you referencing?

b.