[Lustre-discuss] 1.6.4.2 -> 1.8.0.1 Upgrade Question

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:35:41 PDT 2009

Hello Charlie and others,

I cannot speak for the whys and wherefores, but I know that my upgrade
of an MGS/MDT disk from a smaller Gb volume to a larger Gb volume did
not work until the tunefs.lustre command was run as you have it
referenced below.   In addition, I also had to go to the OSS and for
each OST under the purview of that MDT I had to run the command
"tunefs.lustre --writeconf /dev/{sdX of OST}".   Then everything
worked just fine and dandy (although I did have to run the
tunefs.lustre command on one OST 2x because it would not appear in any
lctl device_list until I ran the tunefs.lustre command on the OST a
second time).

So I don't know why, but it works.

megan