[Lustre-discuss] Lustre mount on specific pool path

Yujun Wu yujun at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 29 12:07:39 PDT 2009

Hello,

Could somebody give me some info on this? I upgraded Lustre
to 1.8.0.1 and configured our Lustre with two set of pools
(prod, dev) and corresponding paths (/lustre/prod, /lustre/dev).
This is really nice feature for us. Now we have a question:

We only want our users to access the storage (OSTs) in our
prod pool. Is it possible if we only mount /lustre/prod instead
of the whole /lustre path on our worker nodes? I mean something
like:

mount -t lustre <mgs_node>@tcp1:/lustre/prod /lustre/prod

Right now, I have to mount the root path:
mount -t lustre <mgs_node>@tcp1:/lustre /lustre

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Yujun