[Lustre-discuss] debian/ubuntu .deb packaging

Mon Jun 1 12:15:53 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 10:49 -0700, David Brown wrote:
> You might also want to pass this onto the pkg-lustre maintainers site.

Yes, good idea.  I have posted a message there seeking input.

> Also their svn repository for what patches they use for things
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-lustre

Yeah.  Their and my origin appear to be the same.  As I mentioned in my
posting to their list, we need to be able to produce all (patchless
client at least) required packages from unprivileged "dpkg-buildpackage"
and the use of modules-assistant in their debian/rules precludes that
from every which way I can figure.

> It might be prudent to let them know what you plan on doing for debian
> support so you can not step on each others toes.

Indeed.  I don't like re-inventing wheels either.

For anyone who doesn't care to follow the pkg-lustre list, the bug in
our bugzilla which has my patch as well as some discussion is 19721.

b.