[Lustre-discuss] [ROMIO Req #940] a new Lustre ADIO driver]

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 1 15:25:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:28:12AM -0500, Rob Latham wrote:
> So, the real challenges are coll_test, noncontig_coll, hindexed,
> aggregation1, aggregation2, split_coll... basically, collective I/O is
> messed up.

Hi.  I haven't had a chance to debug this.  How about any of you?
The MPICH2 folks would like to release 1.1 tomorrow.

I propose disabling the auto-detection of Lustre until we can fix
this.  I don't want anybody upgrading to MPICH2-1.1 on a lustre system
and getting corruption with collective i/o.

At the same time I also don't want to back out all the lustre changes,
though, since I'm sure we are close.  For testing and debugging, we
can explicitly exercise the Lustre path by prefixing the file name
with 'lustre:'

If we can find the fix, we can incorporate it into the follow-on
patch-release, roughly scheduled for end of summer.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA