[Lustre-discuss] Configuring Lustre routring between two tcp networks

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 5 09:48:31 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 01:59:48PM -0400, Erik Froese wrote:
>    Thanks Andreas and Natalie,
>
>    I've made the changes you suggested (setting tcp1 as the external
>    network) and I'm able to lctl ping the 128.122.x.y address but I still
>    cannot ping the private address for the MDS.

Please show us the commands you've run and their outputs, together
with error messages in dmesg. It'd help to "echo +neterror >
/proc/sys/lnet/printk" before running the commands.

>    Could the problem be that the lustre fs on the private network is
>    actually called tcp and not tcp0? Are those synonymous?

No, 'tcp' is just a shorthand for 'tcp0' - they are 100% equivalent
to each other.

Isaac