[Lustre-discuss] Using the 'lctl conf_param' command

Ramiro Alba Queipo raq at cttc.upc.edu
Fri Jun 12 11:33:03 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am playing with the use of the 'lctl conf_param' command, and I have
some doubts that I would like to put clear:

- I found through the Lustre Operations Manual the following possible
list to parameters to configure.

      sys.timeout
      lov.stripesize
      lov.stripecount
      osc.max_dirty_mb
      failover.mode
      failover.node

  Are they the only ones available?

  How can I see the settings that have been done this way?

- Are the parameters used with 'lctl conf_param', the same as the ones
used with commands 'mkfs.lustre' and 'tunefs.lustre' with the option
--param?

- Is 'lctl conf_param' an alternative (though permanent) way of doing
settings to using 'lctl set_param'?

I am a bit confused about the different ways of doing configurations. If
someone could give a little explanation it would be of a great help.

Cheers

--
Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,