[Lustre-discuss] OST redundancy between nodes?

Fri Jun 26 09:24:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 10:56 -0500, Carlos Santana wrote:

> I was wondering what will happen during OST failure
>  - if client is making some read/write operation

Assuming the OST is configured for failover, the client will retry
anything that didn't get committed to disk before the OST failure.  It
will try with all available failover targets for the OST.

> - if client requests read/write after OST fails

Same as above.

> When I made OSS unavailable the client waited/got delayed response
> till OSS connected back.

Right.  That's failover.

> I am not sure about OST failure though. Any
> clues?

An OST fails if an OSS fails given that an OST is the disk in an OSS
(which is the node).

b.