[Lustre-discuss] Aborting recovery

Thu Mar 5 13:46:51 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 22:19 +0100, Thomas Roth wrote:

> My question: what happens to the one client that was not recovered?

It, and all of the clients that have transactions that need to be
replayed after the AWOL client's transactions are all evicted and their
transactions discarded.

> There can be no real damage to the client or the jobs that were
> running on it, all dead anyhow since Lustre was gone for such a long time.

Clients configured for failover will wait indefinitely for a Lustre
server to return to service so there is no concept of "such a long
time".

> What are the effects on the client side?
> Maybe I have to remount Lustre on that machine?

An evicted client will reconnect without need for unmounting etc.
However that it was evicted, any applications that were processing
Lustre I/O will get an EIO.

b.