[Lustre-discuss] Lustre support with OFED 1.4

Tue Mar 10 05:50:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 20:08 +0800, Liang Zhen wrote:
> Current OFED1.4 can't support third-party software development very
> well, backports exported by ofed1.4 have some conflicts with kernel,

Yes.  This is bug 1522 at the OFA bugzilla.  I still have another build
bug outstanding, which we can work around if need be but it's not
elegant.  I would much prefer it's fixed in the OFED sources before
1.4.1 is released.

> > I have two questions I am trying to find an answer to:

To answer your other questions, in case Liang has not:

> > 1.       I see on the roadmap
> > http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Lustre_Roadmap that Lustre 1.8
> > is out

No, it's not out yet.  It's still in QA.

>  but the download page lists Lustre 1.6.7 as being the latest
> > version supported.

Yes, this is true.

> > Where can we get Lustre 1.8?

You can check it out of CVS and build it from there if you wish.

b.