[Lustre-discuss] build 1.6.7 with SLES 2.6.5-7.315 failing

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Wed Mar 11 01:10:15 PDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009  14:58 -0800, Liam Forbes wrote:
> I'm attempting to build 1.6.7 with the most current SLES 9 SP 3
> kernel, 2.6.5-7.315.  I appear to be having problems applying the
> patches to the kernel source.  Does this mean I am out of luck or is
> somebody working on this already?  I've included my quilt results below.
>

> Applying qsnet-suse-2.6
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 614.
> 1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file include/linux/sched.h

You don't need this patch unless you are running Quadrics Elan.
I don't know offhand what the rejection is, you should probably
just take a look at the file to see what is wrong - it looks like
it is just a trivial context change?

Removing this patch from your patch series would avoid this problem,
but may possibly cause later patches to be rejected.

"quilt patch -f" will force-apply the patch and generate .rej files

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.