[Lustre-discuss] build 1.6.7 with SLES 2.6.5-7.315 failing

Wed Mar 11 08:43:18 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 14:58 -0800, Liam Forbes wrote:
> I'm attempting to build 1.6.7 with the most current SLES 9 SP 3
> kernel, 2.6.5-7.315.

Yes, you are running into the kind of problems one experiences when one
tries to advance their kernel beyond what we currently support, which
for sles9 is 2.6.5-7.314.

> I appear to be having problems applying the
> patches to the kernel source.  Does this mean I am out of luck or is
> somebody working on this already?

Not sure TBH.  You might try searching our bugzilla.

> mtslesdev1:linux-2.6.5-7.315$ quilt push -av
> patching file include/linux/sched.h
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 190 (offset 2 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 247 (offset 3 lines).
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 614.
> 1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file include/linux/sched.h

This is the only failed patch.  You are in luck.  Fixing that is
probably trivial.  If you do, please file a bug with our bugzilla and
attach the patch.

b.