[Lustre-discuss] Migrating a OST

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 05:40:00 PDT 2009

I have 5 storage servers which serve my lustre filesystem, "lustre01"

I would like to split it up to 3:2 meaning meaning have 3 servers as
"lustre01" and 2 servers as "lustre01.backup"

I have 2 OSTs which reside on server "4" and I would like to migrate
the data off it. What is the best way to do this? I am happy with
backup and restore if thats the worst case.

Also, this is not shared storage so I can't have heartbeat :-) and our
disks and RAID controller is very error prone therefore I want to have
a backup cluster in case.

TIA
;-)