[Lustre-discuss] Read-only file system

Mon Mar 23 05:42:45 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 05:26 -0700, Mag Gam wrote:
> We have been experiecing problems recently, where our Lustre
> filesystem is becoming read-only (we can't even see our data).
>
> For example when I invoke 'ls' or 'find'
>
> ls: .: Read-only file system
> find: cannot get current directory: Read-only file system

This usually happens because some error on the servers causes lustre to
turn the media read-only in an attempt to prevent corruption.  The
underlying cause is usually hardware related.  Check the lustre servers
to see which device has been made read-only and then check your storage
to see what situations might have caused it.

b.