[Lustre-discuss] Read-only file system

Tue Mar 24 05:01:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 22:17 -0400, Mag Gam wrote:
> Hi Brian:

Hi,

> Well, there were no server problems but I did run a e2fsck on the MDT
> and OST I managed to fix the corruptions (or have the e2fsck do it for
> me).

There must have been some problems for fscks to have needed to fix
problems.

> So far no issues. But I do notice some files which have ?????? by their stats.

Sounds like some objects have gone missing.  Did you check the lost
+found on the targets that you did fsck to see if anything got relocated
there?

If there are entries there, you will have to try to figure out where
they go back (there was a discussion here in the last week or two about
methods/a tool to do that), or if all else fails, you can run lfsck to
bring the MDT and OSTs back into sync with each other.

b.