[Lustre-discuss] File Content change without Error log

Tue Mar 31 09:57:13 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 00:40 +0800, Lu Wang wrote:
> Yes, you are right.
> The problem is caused by misconfiguration of one disk array.Two  Patritions of this array are mapped to a same lun.

Hrm.  That sounds rather bad.

> That is to say: When I created OST1 on /dev/sda OST2 on /dev/sdb,  the two OSTs are acturally written to a same disk patrition on the disk array.

Ouch.

> After e2fsck, I lost one OST, the other OST becomes double sizes.

I don't know that I would trust such an OST even after an e2fsck.  The
structure of the filesystem may be repaired but the contents of files
are not.

Of course, I suppose recovering whatever you can from one of the two
OSTs is better than recovering from neither, but I would be very suspect
of the data coming from it.

> There are a lot of "red" files in directory "O" when I mount the OST as ldiskfs.

I'm not sure what a "red" file is.

> I used
> lfs getstripe --obd ****_UUID /dir generated the demaged file list.
> Is it possible to get back the lost OST using the "red" files?

If I'm understanding what happened, I'd say you are rather lucky to get
any data from either of the OSTs and that recovering data from both OSTs
is rather unlikely.

b.