[Lustre-discuss] File Content change without Error log

Lu Wang wanglu at ihep.ac.cn
Tue Mar 31 10:24:12 PDT 2009

yes, I am copying some files from our backup storage.
# pwd
/lustre/ost1/O/0/d0
[root at boss10 d0]# ll
total 58931924
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10016
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10048
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10080
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10112
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10144
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10176
-rwSrwSrw-  1 root  root          0 Mar  4 15:33 10208
For "red", I mean files with "S" bit, they are of zerosize, so I think they are useless.

I think data in the "good" OST may also be demaged, so I decide to delete all files on these two OSTs.

By the way, when I unlink a file, there is a "Input/Output error" , however the file disappears.
 #unlink run_0005818_Any_file007_SFO-1.rec
unlink: cannot unlink `run_0005818_Any_file007_SFO-1.rec': Input/output error
# ll run_0005818_Any_file007_SFO-1.rec
ls: run_0005818_Any_file007_SFO-1.rec: No such file or directory

I am not sure the file is saftely delete or not. Any suggustion?

Lu Wang
2009-04-01