[Lustre-discuss] tcp network load balancing understanding lustre 1.8

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at technicolor.com
Tue May 12 15:50:54 PDT 2009

On 5/10/09 6:12 AM, "Arden Wiebe" <albert682 at yahoo.com> etched on stone
tablets:

Mag, your welcome. From the page referenced first for a search for Linux
> Bonding it states:

How many bonding devices can I have?

There is no
> limit.
How many slaves can a bonding device have?

This is limited only by the
> number of network interfaces Linux supports and/or the number of network cards
> you can place in your system.

If memory serves, the LACP spec allows for a maximum of 8 devices within an
aggregate group. I don't know if the ALB and TLB modes of the Linux bonding
implementation enforces any limit, though.

Klaus