[Lustre-discuss] NFS export problem

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Wed May 13 06:16:11 PDT 2009

Hello!

On May 13, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Ralf Utermann wrote:
>> What might be useful is if you can reproduce this quickly n as few
>> set
>> of
>> Lustre nodes as possible.
>> remember your current /proc/sys/lnet/debug value.
>> on lustre-client/nfs-server and on MDS echo -1 >/proc/sys/lnet/debug
>> then do lctl dk >/dev/null (on those same two nodes).
>> Reproduce the problem and do lctl dk >/tmp/somefile on both of the
>> nodes
>> again as soon as possible after the problem was reproduced.
> I did this on both  lustre-client/nfs-server and on MDS.
> The output of lctl dk on both is only:
> Debug log: 0 lines, 0 kept, 0 dropped, 0 bad.

Either Lustre never got any control at all and your problem is
unrelated to lustre and related to something else in your system
or the logging is broken somewhat.
The way to test it is to do ls -la /mnt/lustre (or whatever your lustre
mountpoint is) on the nfs server while the rest of the instructions
remains and do lctl dk again. If any output appears - the logging
works just fine, if not - doublecheck what's in your
/proc/sys/lnet/debug

Can you export any other filesystems from that server?

Bye,
     Oleg