[Lustre-discuss] NFS export problem

Ralf Utermann ralf.utermann at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Wed May 13 07:48:10 PDT 2009

Oleg Drokin wrote:
[...]
> Either Lustre never got any control at all and your problem is
> unrelated to lustre and related to something else in your system or
> the logging is broken somewhat. The way to test it is to do ls -la
> /mnt/lustre (or whatever your lustre mountpoint is) on the nfs server
> while the rest of the instructions remains and do lctl dk again. If
> any output appears - the logging works just fine, if not -
> doublecheck what's in your /proc/sys/lnet/debug
Nothing appears in the lctl dk output, if I do  ls -la on the Lustre mount
point on the Lustre client/NFS server.
For this system and the MDS:
# cat /proc/sys/lnet/debug
trace inode super ext2 malloc cache info ioctl neterror net warning buffs
other dentry nettrace page dlmtrace error emerg ha rpctrace vfstrace
reada mmap config console quota sec

Do I need to enable any other things to see debug output?

> Can you export any other filesystems from that server?
I can export a local ext3 just fine. There is no problem
accessing this on an NFS client.

Bye, ralf
--
        Ralf Utermann