[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: New OST lost quotas]

Andrew Perepechko Andrew.Perepechko at Sun.COM
Wed May 20 18:57:26 PDT 2009

Joseph,

you have to run "lfs quotacheck -ug" to create the required quota files on the
new OST.

There is no need to run tunefs additionally (since you have already specified
the quota_type setting), but usually you can change permanent parameters
of running lustre filesystem with "lctl conf_param" from mgs.

mgs> lctl conf_param ${FSNAME}-MDT0000.mdt.quota_type=ug
mgs> lctl conf_param ${FSNAME}-OST0000.ost.quota_type=ug
mgs> lctl conf_param ${FSNAME}-OST0001.ost.quota_type=ug

By the way, we are going to change this non-obvious interface in the future
lustre releases.

Andrew.