[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: New OST lost quotas]

Joseph Farran jfarran at uci.edu
Thu May 21 08:46:21 PDT 2009

Hi Andrew.

First, thank you so much.    I searched and searched, but some things
are not very obvious to me.

Questions please:    When I run that command, does the Lustre file
system need to be off-line (no writes, no appends, only read mode).

If I only need to take that ost off-line, can I simply umounted it?
What is the recommended way?

One last un-related question:   When I reboot my OST(s) and/or MetaData
server, the servers go into the "recovery mode" which for us takes
around ~40 minutes to complete.    When the OST(s) are recovering and I
am watching them, they seem to be idle simply waiting for a time out.
Not really doing a fsck type of operation.     Can I reduce this time to
say 5 minutes?

Thanks again,
Joseph
UCI