[Lustre-discuss] gridftp and Lustre

Yujun Wu yujun at phys.ufl.edu
Fri May 22 08:24:05 PDT 2009

Hello,

Could somebody give me some advice on how to improve the gridftp
performance with Lustre?

Currently, we are putting files onto Lustre through Lustre file
system mounted gridftp server. I noticed the network traffic
goes in this way (use putting data as an example):

remote client---->gridftp server--->Lustre OSS

And the gridftp server is busy with receiving and sending packets
all the time. Is there a way for the control info goes to gridftp
server, but the data go to Lustre OSS directly?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Regards,
Yujun