[Lustre-discuss] gridftp and Lustre

Fri May 22 08:32:11 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 11:24 -0400, Yujun Wu wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> remote client---->gridftp server--->Lustre OSS
>
> And the gridftp server is busy with receiving and sending packets
> all the time.

Is it so busy that it is unable to push the Lustre servers to full
capacity?

> Is there a way for the control info goes to gridftp
> server, but the data go to Lustre OSS directly?

No.  All access to the Lustre servers have to go through a Lustre
client.

It sounds like you need to scale up with more Lustre clients (aka
gridftp servers).  Whether gridftp as a service supports growth through
parallelization or not, I have no idea.  Typically with services that
don't, something like round-robin DNS can be used to spread load.  Other
techniques can be used to make an IP service that is not natively
parallel provide parallel access.

b.