[Lustre-discuss] gridftp and Lustre

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Mon May 25 16:13:58 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009  10:33 -0700, Jeffrey Bennett wrote:
> I guess you could implement some sort of gridftp plugin, a DSI module
> is what they call it, to write data directly to the OSS and then you
> could install gridftp servers on the OSS. This is basically what the HPSS
> DSI module for Gridftp does, it writes data directly to the HPSS system
> using the HPSS API. However, I am not sure it's technically possible
> with Lustre.

It is possible to mount Lustre clients on the OSS nodes, if you are willing
to make at least the GridFTP port accessible to the outside network on
those nodes.   That said, this exposes the back-end storage to attack by
a remote client, if the GridFTP server is not secure.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.