[Lustre-discuss] gridftp and Lustre

Yujun Wu yujun at phys.ufl.edu
Tue May 26 12:46:37 PDT 2009

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your e-mail. I think what Jeffrey recommends is this:

http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.2/4.2.0/data/gridftp/developer/gridftp-developer-dsi.html

As the frontend and backend are separated, the security risk is
not big. On the other hand, I have another question: if I install a
gridftp server on an OSS, it will write to that OSS ONLY or data can go
to other OSSs as well?

Thanks,
Yujun