[Lustre-discuss] OST selection considering load and qos_threshold_rr

Yujun Wu yujun at phys.ufl.edu
Thu May 28 06:40:36 PDT 2009

Hello,

Could somebody give me some hint on this?

I am trying to watch over how the OSTs are selected for
putting files on. One thing I find is that, the files
can be put on an OST although it is already busy handling
other files while some other OSTs are idling. Does Lustre
select an OST considering its current load or not?

I looked at the Lustre document and thought I can do
some adjustment with qos_threshold_rr at least with Round-Robin(RR):

http://manual.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual16_HTML/LustreProc.html#50401407_pgfId-1290499

But I couldn't find qos_threshold_rr proc tunable on the Lustre MDS I have
installed. The version of my installation is 1.6.7. Am I missing
something or it has changed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Yujun