[Lustre-discuss] lustre support on suse 11 with PPC64

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Nov 4 09:06:22 PST 2009

> Because we have so little demand for ppc64 packages, we don't produce
> them for SDLC.

This I understand, just rebuild from source.

> Note that ppc64 is supported for the Lustre client only.  There is no
> server support on ppc64.

Not that this is a big deal realistically, since it would be difficult
to find PPC64 hardware that works well for a server, unless you roll
your own embedded system...

But why? The linux kernel has no problems providing an endian-clean
and wordsize-clean environment to operate in.

Are Sparc64 servers supported?