[Lustre-discuss] how to define 60 failnodes

Tue Nov 10 08:15:58 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 14:13 +0800, lelustre wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> The service of HA is when an OSS fail, pacemaker select another OSS,
> and resource agent script on selected OSS can discovery the OST disk
> and mount it to an directory,

Only one of the OSSes which have been configured as the failover servers
for the OST should mount the OST, or the clients won't be able to find
it.

> then I can use #MDT> tunefs.lustre   --writeconf <mount point> using
> pdsh in the script (Lustre manual : changing a server NID), so the
> client can know where the OST is.

No.  DO NOT do this.  Please don't try to re-invent how Lustre failover
works.

> But I really do not know if writeconf is damage to the data or the fs?

You should not use writeconf in this manner.  I believe the instructions
to which you are referring (changing a server NID) explicitly says that
you must shut down the entire filesystem before you do any writeconfs
and then you must bring the servers all back up before you bring any
clients up.

This is a lot more traumatic to the users than simply configuration
failover the way it's supposed to work.

b.