[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.1 and iscsi

Fri Nov 13 05:57:03 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 11:02 +0100, Gianluca Tresoldi wrote:
> Hi Everybody

Hi,

> In dmesg i can see:
>     scsi1: iSCSI Initiatori over TCP/IP
>     Connection 1:0 Could not create connection due to crc32c loading
> error. Make sure the crc32c module is built as a module or into the kernel.

This is a known issue for an unknown reason.  The solution seems to be
to simply enable the iscsi stack in the kernel and use that.  I don't
think a final decision has been made yet, but likely that is how we are
going to build kernels and/or OFED in the future.

Using the iSCSI stack shipped by the kernel vendor (rather than what's
available in OFED) is the recommendation from OFA as well.

b.