[Lustre-discuss] renamed directory retains a dentry under its old name?

Thu Nov 19 05:34:59 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 21:09 +0800, Phil Schwan wrote:
> G'day Brian!  Glad to see you've stuck around!

:-)

> It should be, except it isn't.

Don't ya just hate those?

> Your steps are correct, I believe (Stu
> may correct me), but we also tried that without any luck.

Hrm.  Must be more subtle then.

Perhaps somebody else here might recognize those symptoms.  Quite a few
releases have gone by since 1.6.6 so it's entirely possible it's been
fixed, as I am sure you realize.  So let's see if this one rings a bell
with somebody.

In the meanwhile, if you come up with a reliable reproducer, feel free
to post it here and we can see if we can reproduce -- or not, in an
effort at least to see if it's been fixed already.

Cheers,
b.