[Lustre-discuss] OSS server

Stefano Elmopi stefano.elmopi at sociale.it
Fri Nov 20 05:37:07 PST 2009

Hi,

sorry for the delay of my reply.
I have explained myself badly, I have tried with success the scenario
of OSS failover,
but If I have a simple scenario with one MGS/MDS and one OSS, without
failover,
and the server OSS crash, how can I recover the data stored on the
OST ??
Simply replace the server root with one that has the same IP ??

Thanks

Stefano Elmopi

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:52 +0100, Stefano Elmopi wrote:
 > If a server OSS breaks, I have the ability to mount the OST connected
 > to another server that has a different IP ?

Yes.  This is called "failover".

 > I tried to reproduce the scenario but when I try to mount the lustre
 > filesystem,
 > mount -t lustre /dev/sdc /LUSTRE_03, on the new server whit differt
 > IP,
 > I get an error, because the lustre fylesystem is registered on the
MDT
 > with the IP
 > of the server broken !!!

So what was the error?