[Lustre-discuss] How to find a file by object id

Wed Oct 21 08:16:37 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 16:05 +0100, Wojciech Turek wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi Wojciech,

> Thank you for your reply.I am currently on lustre 1.6 thus I am
> working with Lustre-1.6 manual. I found the bug you have mentioned
> (19753) and in fact there is a saction in the lustre manual titled
> "Identifying Which Lustre File an OST Object Belongs To".

Indeed.  I do recall inspecting that.

> However this manual update only got into Lustre-1.8 manual.

Right.

> I guess it didn't make it's way to 1.6 manual because manual was not
> updated since May and the bug was resolved in July.

Yeah.  We really just don't have the manpower to keep two parallel
versions of the manual up to date.  For all intents and purposes, the
1.8 manual should be relevant for 1.6 as well so I tend to only look at
the 1.8 manual even for 1.6 releases.

b.