[Lustre-discuss] vbox and ofed/IB

Mon Oct 26 07:53:20 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 09:52 -0500, Dr. Hung-Sheng Tsao wrote:
> hi

Hi,

> I try to setup lustre in vbox env
> I can do rhel5.3 and lustre1.8.1.1
> what is better way to test ofed ?

Hrm.  I'm not really sure what you are asking here given that VBox is a
virtual environment, which AFAIK does not virtualize any I/B hardware.
I can't imagine how OFED is relevant in such a situation.

> I can  do ge with iscsi storage but how do u test the IB/OFED stack?

I think this is a question for the VBox folks, on how I/B can be
virtualized, or perhaps passed through to a VBox VM.

Once that is taken care of, as far as Lustre is concerned, it should be
business as usual.

b.