[Lustre-discuss] lustre 2 howtos

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Sep 1 14:02:20 PDT 2009

On Sep 01, 2009  14:24 +0300, Mailer PH wrote:
> Is there any good howto to the new features of lustre 2 ?
> Also does this version has no kernel mode client or fuse like etc.. ?

In general, the Lustre 2.0 alphas work a lot like the 1.8 code does
(mkfs.lustre; mount).  The clients are in the kernel, as you would
expect, as are the servers (like in all previous Lustre releases).

Have you tried it yet, and do you have specific 2.0 usage questions?

I don't know if we have a specific list of 2.0 features online somewhere,
maybe Robert knows?

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.