[Lustre-discuss] o2ib and tcp(IPoIB) on the same IB interface.

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 10:58:39 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am designing lustre file system that will be serving two separate
clusters. One of the clusters is old and uses Ethernet data network. Second
of the clusters is new and uses QDR IB data network. I would like to equip
each Lustre server (OSS, MDS) with single port ConnectX IB card. Is it
possible to configure lustre network to use the same Infiniband interface
(ib0) for serving both o2ib nodes and tcp/ip nodes?

Will this work?

/etc/modprobe.conf
options lnet networks=o2ib(ib0),tcp(ib0)

or this with alias on IB interface?

/etc/modprobe.conf
options lnet networks=o2ib(ib0),tcp(ib0:1)

Many thanks for all answers.

Best regards,

Wojciech

--