[Lustre-discuss] o2ib and tcp(IPoIB) on the same IB interface.

Isaac Huang He.Huang at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 7 15:05:07 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 06:58:39PM +0100, Wojciech Turek wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I am designing lustre file system that will be serving two separate
>    clusters. One of the clusters is old and uses Ethernet data network.
>    Second of the clusters is new and uses QDR IB data network. I would
>    like to equip each Lustre server (OSS, MDS) with single port ConnectX
>    IB card. Is it possible to configure lustre network to use the same
>    Infiniband interface (ib0) for serving both o2ib nodes and tcp/ip
>    nodes?
>    Will this work?
>    /etc/modprobe.conf
>    options lnet networks=o2ib(ib0),tcp(ib0)

Yes, and you'd need an IP router that forwards packets between
client Ethernet and the server IPoIB network. Alternatively, you might
set up an LNET router that forwards data between @tcp0 and @o2ib0, in
which case the servers need not to have a tcp(ib0) interface.

Isaac