[Lustre-discuss] Upgrade 32-bit kernel to 64-bit kernel for MDS

huangql huangql at ihep.ac.cn
Thu Sep 10 01:17:52 PDT 2009

Dear, list

      We got a high frequency of MDS node crash this days in our Lustre system. However, it's not clear what to cause it. According to the current filesystem, there are 20 OSS with 64-bit kernel except the MDS with 32-bit kernel. So we want to use 64-bit kernel instead.
      But we are worried about the metedata will be dirty after we upgrade 32-bit kernel to 64-bit kernel for MDS. Can you give us some points?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Sarea

2009-09-10